Friday, October 8, 2010

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream.

well yesturday we picked up the ice cream maker attachment to my kenwood. The kids are so excited. They wanted to try it then and there and were not happy when they were told it had to be put in the freezer for 24 hrs he he. I know it wasn't cheap, but even if we only use it once a week it will almost pay itself off by the time we start the challenge. Plus because its an attachment to my kenwood, i don't have and extra appliance to find room for. and it has given me an extra mixing bowl for my kenwood, so i can make more at the same time. which is really good.

I'm also starting to prepare my list of things i need to do or buy to be prepared for the challenge. i want rechargeable batteries, these will be used in anything that needs batteries. i also want battery operated fairy lights, to use in some rooms, to help cut out the need for using the lights.

i have to go through the kids clothes, and work out if they need anything from there. i don't think there's much there, but i will get rid of the stuff they have grown out of. the bonus is i don't think i even need to buy uniforms next year, which is a bonus. they don't even need school shoes. so my only school costs next yr are fees and books and excursions. oh i lie, i just realised Raymond will be going into grade 6 so i will have his grade 6 jumpers and shirts to get. bugger.

i will be spending a lot more time outside next yr, with friends and the kids. so for Christmas and my birthday which is very close to Christmas, for those that have asked what i want. i have asked if they could put in towards a nice outdoor setting for us all to use as a family, and if there's any left from that i will also like to get a porch swing. will do so nice sitting out on the swing with the kids, maybe reading a book, or watching them play on the tramp. see who needs to spend money to occupy the kids.

Well my veggie patch is up and going, so hopefully we can cut the food bills down even more by feeding ourselves from our own garden. will hopefully get more gardens beds done next yr. i want to try and grow as much as we can. i have a small green house, so will be growing my own seeds. i have my own compost, and will hopefully be making our own fertiliser soon too. (worms) I also have a heap of fruit trees, most are new but I'm hoping they will bare fruit this season. i also ready have plums growing on the established trees.

oh and one other thing i would like to source out before next yr is a Small 6x4 trailer. i want to be able to go and get things as i need them, instead of relying on other people to do it for me. but this needs to be cheap or free. so will keep my eye out.

well i better go and check on my veggies, and see whats growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment